If you love to race motorcycles, you probably think hard on which bike you’ll race. You should be thinking just as hard (or harder) on what suit you’ll wear. Not all race gear is made the same, and choosing the wrong suit, or a suit that doesn’t consider your personal use could mean the difference between a bruise, break, or life-changing injury.
There are tons of suits out there on the market. One of them is the Alpinestars Stella Missile Riding Suit. As a woman in the world of motorcycle racing, you know that suits made just for you have come a long way. Specifically, it used to be that you’d have to pick a suit made for the average male and hope for the best.
Now brands are making suits specifically for the female body. Suits like the Alpinestars Stella Missile riding suit are made to fit most women off the rack. When you’re considering a one-piece leather riding suit, you want one that fits you well and allows you to move freely. But just as important as fit and comfort is safety.
That’s why it’s essential to choose a suit that has built-in armor in several places like the knees, elbows, shoulders, and padding over the forearms and thighs. You’ll also want to ensure the suit is equipped with or able to add in back protection easily.
Here’s what you can expect to find in the Alpinestars Stella Missile leather motorcycle riding suit.
- Designed to fit the female body, pre-curved sleeves, and legs
- 1.3 mm genuine cow leather
- CE approved Alpinestars GP-R protectors in the knees, elbows, and shoulders.
- External Dynamic Friction Shield (DFS) protectors in the knees and shoulders made with dual-density foam padding and injection-molded shells
- Contoured elbow sliders feature entirely removable and replaceable inserts
- Textured grip and reinforced knee constructed with multiple layers
- Accordion stretch panels allow a range of motion and movement, with perforation for ventilation
- Ergonomic back hump designed for airflow and performance
- Calf expansion gussets to fit your shape
- Inner calf and cuff adjustment
- Built-in pocket for additional chest protection (sold separately)
- Internal mesh liner completely removable for comfort and breathability
- Interior waterproof wallet pocket
- Snap-button system houses the Level 2 CE approved Alpinestars Nucleon KR-R Race Back Protector (sold separately)
- Collar designed with 3D textured fabric for comfort
- CE Category II prEN17092 draft standards AAA class – fully CE certified race suit
What We Like
Racing leathers are an investment. As you can see from the above specifications, the Alpinestars Stella Missile riding suit covers all your bases well. This suit considers your safety and by seeking full CE certification. The snap-in system for optional back protection and the built-in pocket for optional chest protection ensure that no part of you from neck to ankles is left unprotected.
One feature you don’t see in all suits is the additional padding in the forearms and thighs, which is one reason we like this suit above others. The extra abrasion and impact protection are excellent. We also like that the elbow sliders are removable and replaceable, so a few rough falls don’t completely ruin the suit.
Finally, this suit is built to house the Tech Air Race Airbag System, which is sold separately. The vest installs into the suit with ease and doesn’t require the use of external sensors to detect a crash. In the event of a crash, it deploys an airbag that protects your full back, chest, shoulders, and kidney area. You can’t ask for much more than that out of a racing suit.
The Stella Missle Riding Suit was named our top pick for women in our list of best riding suits!
What We Wish Was Different
We don’t have much of any complaint to make against this suit. If you’re a casual weekend rider or enjoy a track day every so often, this suit may be overkill. If you’re racing regularly and need serious protection, this suit is more up your alley.
What Other Customers Are Saying
There’s nothing Alpinestars didn’t consider when they built this suit. Women love this suit because it’s specifically designed for the female form and falls on the track. It includes protection against injury to the collar bone, which common from crashes at the track. Customers love that they have a suit built for their body with the top of the line racing protection.
Not every rider is interested in the type of protection this suit offers. But, if you’re into racing often enough at the track, you need a suit that will keep you safe in the event of a crash so you can get back up and keep doing what you love. This suit was designed with top of the line race technology and is built to house additional protection in the chest, back, and use the Tech Air Race Airbag System for unrivaled protection.